Thursday, January 17, 2008
Author: The Homeschooling Ummi | Filed Under: help with homeschool, helping your child along the way, homeschooling, keeping the wheels turning, writers block | at 2:27 AM |
As Salaamu alaykum,
Lately i have had have what you may call Homeschoolers Block. Sorta like a writer's block if you will have.
I think that may be its due to me not having a set curriculum to go by and I only know this because I never went through this when I was with K12. Every thing with K12 was laid out for me I didn't have to think of what to do next. And well now I am trying my hardest to pull this all together by my self. With out having a clue as to what i am suppose to do. Yes, I do research a lot and apart of one of my many problems is my location ok so i am aware of that. But the sad thing is this is not the first time. it comes and goes and its very difficult to keep going this way so I must at once put a stop to this soon but until them here I go lol.
What can I or someone in my shoes do to help solve this problem in enough time with out missing on education with your children.
Here are a few list of things that I have come up with in order to keep things going for us to the best of my abilities. And I hope they would work for you as well if you are in my shoes.
1) Make Much Duaa Duaa Duaa Duaa.....I cannot stress that enough it is very much so needed.
2) no matter how slow the day/wk is going and you have no glue of what to do or offer next, never let your child(ren) know. Get a printer and print of extra work until you can fill it it.
3) Plan field trips ahead this is easy to do even if its a nature trip to the woods or zoo. You could never go wrong with learning about life and that will fill up a wholes days worth of work.
4) If planning trips is out of the Qts then rent some Video's or DVDs or get online and loads something up quick for the kids to lean about (Discovery Channel is a hit with homeschoolers) trust me I know.
5) This is a perfect time to practice writing skills. No matter how old the child is have them sit with you and write what ever is on there mind even if it is scribble scrabble lol really its all mental and they are getting something out of it even if you do not see it.
6) do more arts and crafts (offer to the kids)
7) do a science project (offer to the kids)
8) use the Internet ( The Internet is your best friend for homeschoolers and educators themselves as well) with out it wed be totally lost lol) so make sure every thing is on the up and up with it since that will be your back up plan for the days when you have nothing planned.
If you have anymore suggestions to add to this list just send them my way and ill add them this is a good beneficial help for those who are new to homeschooling inshaallah.